Sunday, February 2, 2014

That Triangle Quilt

Between applying for jobs (without success), getting into the swing of school, and venturing out into DC, I made the time to finish up the triangle wedding quilt top!

Here it is, hanging from my loft in my apartment

Back when I finished the triangle portion, I was lamenting how small the quilt ended up being. Genevieve suggested I add a border, and the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. And now that it's all put together, it looks fantastic! AND it's bigger, which was the whole point!

I'm still trying to figure out all the features of my new machine, I think I may take a "get to know your machine" class at the store I bought it from.


3 comments:

  1. I love it! The border came out great---like a frame on a painting! You have very lucky friends. I might have to make a triangle quilt myself one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best of luck in finding a job, but I have hopes and good feelings that something will be here before you know it. And of course I have to agree that the quilt top turned out wonderful, a perfect mix of color and design especially with the borders that make the pattern shine. Yay for sewing successes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that looks great! I love the colors on this one. Once again, you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete