Thursday, January 23, 2014

Kitty has the Sads

I am sitting here, heartbroken and nostalgic.

I should be excited- I'm all moved into my new apartment for school, I'm checking out my new classes, Alexandria is awesome, etc. But, as you may remember, I've been having trouble with my sewing machine. I ran it hard for Christmas, and it looks like I may have killed it. Legitimately killed it.

I oiled it up and cleaned it out a few weeks ago, and it looked like it was working fine. But I tried to sit down and work on the wedding quilt, and it was struggle bussing. The needle mechanism had shifted, so the needle was hitting the metal part of the machine, and not going into the hole where it's supposed to.

I took it to get looked at today, and Mr. Sewing Machine Repair said it would cost about $125 for them to take a look at it and fix any problems- he also said I may have broken something inside, which would explain the needle thing. But I bought it for $140, so I don't really see the point of fixing it... I don't know if that's a normal price for repairs either, so who really knows.

Now I'm machine-less, and I'm looking to upgrade. I'm looking at Pfaff right now, if anyone has any opinions on the matter. But I'm sad! I had my brother for hardly more than a year. I bought it last January. I've made 8 complete quilts with it, plus quilt tops and other things. I'm so sad at the thought of throwing my machine away. But I don't know what to do!

Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the less expensive machines may not be made for that much sewing...time to upgrade! You know this isn't just a passing fancy now. I've heard good things about Juki's...especially for quilting...fast for free motion...good luck.

    ReplyDelete