Sunday, October 14, 2012

Presents

My 21st birthday is on Tuesday, so Pa and the Jewish Mother came down to visit me for the day. We went to the football game, and had a grand old time. The Old Man's alma mater didn't have a football team when he was a student, so he's living vicariously through me. We had fun yelling at the team, eating stadium food, and playing "Where's Waldo" with Flash down on the field (he was photographing the game for the school yearbook). 



Pa is pretty on the ball when it comes to presents. Both of my parents asked for my birthday list about a month ago, and I just kinda filled it with things I vaguely wanted. There wasn't really anything I needed, so I didn't know what to ask for. But man, he and JM blew me away. They got me a couple new flannel shirts, 21 scratchcards (I won $23), a gift certificate to a snazzy restaurant (so Flash and I can go eat something nicer than chicken stir fry for a change), and a year's subscription to the Original Craft Beer Club. ISN'T THAT AMAZING? I had no idea things like that existed. 


Muum got me a really awesome book that I found in Van Allen Books in NYC in September, which I was really really REALLY excited about too. "The Sky's the Limit: Applying Radical Architecture". I'm stoked to finally begin my architecture library. I feel kind of behind the ball on that when compared to my classmates.

Flash read through the book and found that one of the buildings is in a town called Middlefart, and now he won't stop talking about farting in the middle of Middlefart.

Flash was really excited to start giving me presents, too, so he gave me one a few days early. Back in May, we went on a roadtrip to Seattle. At the Seattle Aquarium, I revealed my adoration of octopi and lamented the fact that I didn't have an octopus charm for my charm bracelet. The man remembered that, and got me a really nifty charm. I'm a huge fan :)



Speaking of Octopi, I managed to get my hands on some of Heather Ross's Mendocino prints. I saw them in a quilt this summer, and died a little when I heard that it had been discontinued. I was internetting around this week though, and found some of her prints for sale on etsy. So, I decided to drop some cash and get myself a birthday present, and I am SO EXCITED! I got a yard of the yellow octopus print, and it came in yesterday. I'm waiting for 9 fat quarters to come in soon as well. 


Ah, fabric and beers. Now I'm really enjoying waiting for the mail to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment