Monday, February 25, 2013

Change

This week was crazy busy. I worked like a crazy person to prepare all of my drawings and models for my presentation on Sunday.

My studio was going to leave Blacksburg for Clifton Forge on Thursday, but we all needed to load up the cars with our models and drawings before we could go. So, everyone had to be completely done with their work by Thursday (which was crazy busy). Then, as we're trying to load up our stuff, one of the mean parking attendants of VT kicked us out of the loading area. We had our flashers on and were with the car, but Mr. Stick Up His Butt still forced us to leave. So, we drivers just drove around campus for a while, waiting for him to leave. Then we quickly went back to the loading area, packed everything up like ninjas, and hit the road.

The weekend was an awesome adventure, full of hot springs and site visits and some clean up work at our future build site. We adventured around Bath County, VA, getting to know the place. After all, we'll be building something in Clifton Forge, and it's nice to get to know the place you're building in.

Sunday was our presentation day, but it was also the day Flash left for his 2 month adventure in Europe and the West Coast. So, I drove home to Blacksburg Saturday night so I could take him to the airport Sunday morning, then drove BACK to Clifton Forge before the presentation. It was a whirlwind of a day, and saying goodbye to Flash was tough. But I made it back with plenty of time to set up. As I was carrying my drawings and models to the presentation space though, some excitement happened. Remember my beautiful model of the Autism School?

Yeah. I dropped it. Great.


Lucky for me, I build things incredibly well, and it broke apart in very manageable pieces. So, I was able to glue everything back together quickly.

My presentation! 

I got tripped up on my words during the actual presenting part, which was awkward. But I talked to some of the audience after the whole ordeal was over, and they had some very nice things to say about my work.

So, not only did my boyfriend leave, but my roommate Tuna moved out of the apartment today. She's going to be spending the next 3 months backpacking through India. So, I turned her room into my new quilting studio! Yay!

Lots of fabric! And by lots I mean really not that much, my stash is small.

Closet! It stores fat quarters and stuff.


Aaaaaand my table! With Community on the laptop.

And for quilty news!
1. My uncle is commissioning me to make him a tshirt quilt with all of his old running tshirts. There's over 30 of them, so this will be a big project.

2. I bought Camille Roskelley's Swoon pattern today! GAHHH SO EXCITED I WILL SWOON EVERYTHING.

3. I figured out why my Scrappy Trip Along blocks were all weird sizes. I was cutting the pieced strips at 1.75", instead of 1.5". Way to go, me. So, now I'm trying to decide if I want to trim all of my blocks, or just not include the first four in the quilt. I'm leaning towards not including the first four.

And yeah! I'm linking up to Better Off Thread, so everyone can read about my adventures and my new sewing room!



1 comment:

  1. Omg sewing room YAY. :D sucks you had to glue your model back together at the last minute! But it sounds like things went well anyway :)

    I'm SO buying he swoon pattern this weekend. And then FABRIC. I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete