I already started designing my blocks and cutting fabric! I'm stepping away from the given pattern a bit, and I hope it pays off. I'm starting to worry that I won't have enough fabric for all of the blocks in the quilt- I'd hate to get to August and realize I only have scraps to work with.
Anyway, I went on with my day and received an email from Anna over at The Crooked Banana that she had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks, Anna! You're like the one consistent reader I have that isn't my grandmother (love you Grandma!) and I really appreciate the nomination :)
Now, I must do two things: Nominate up to 15 people for the award, and share 7 things about myself. I don't really know many other blogs that I would nominate, so I'm going to not do that step. But I love talking about myself, so I'm going to do that instead.
1. I originally went to Virginia Tech to study Interior Design. In the first year, all of the design students have studio together- architects, interior designers, industrial designers, and landscape architects. I became good friends with Hanna and Brian, and through class and an internship, I realized that I wanted to be an architect.
2. I'm getting tired of making fake names for everyone in my blog. I think I may end that.
3. I love exploring the world through food. I like to cook and I love Food TV and I want to travel around the world and taste everything. People reveal themselves and their culture and even their way of life by what they eat and cook, and I think that's beautiful. If I had my way, I would explore the world, looking at architecture and eating. Maybe I should just become a writer and do that.
4. I visited Seattle once in middle school and again the summer before my Sophomore Year. I was going through a rough patch in my life, and that trip was a journey of rebirth for me. I became a new person in the Pacific Northwest, and I am much, much, happier now. I want to move there after I graduate.
5. My spirit animal is the otter, which is a little awkward because that's my ex's favorite animal. But you can't change fate, and fate told me that I am an otter. My favorite animal currently is the octopus.
6. If I wasn't studying architecture, I would want to be a marine biologist.
7. Seafood is my favorite thing on the face of the planet. I love the way it smells, I love the way it tastes, I love to cook it, and I love to think about it. I love the smell of fish markets and I love the variety of things that live in the ocean that I can eat.
I hope those were some interesting facts! I'm developing my drive as an architect and as a person right now (as in, at this point in my life), and I'm really enjoying looking at the world and developing my own opinions and views. And I love to share them, so if anyone out there in internet land wants someone to talk to, hit me up!
I'm going to studio now, to present a site model and await the prompt at 5.