Monday, July 8, 2013

Steps Towards a Swoon

Anna emailed me very excitedly a week or so ago about FairyFace Designs' Swoon 2013 event. I've mentioned before on here about how I want to make a Swoon quilt, and Anna so wonderfully remembered and thought of me when she heard about the Swoon 2013. I had originally put it out of my mind to do the event, since I just moved and I'm going to be overseas from August to November, but my local quilting store had a fat quarter frenzy event where you could get 10 FQ's for $15.

And I couldn't pass a deal like that up.

I've decided to embark on the impossible task of making TWO swoon quilts- one for each of my stepsisters. I picked up two sets of fabric for the quilts, so each girl will have a different color scheme.



The first quilt is made up of Flea Market Fancy prints and some coordinating solids.


The second is made of some very loud pink and yellow prints.

I think they'll suit two little girls very well, especially the pink one. Flea Market Fancy is more up my alley, whereas the violently pink one is a little... not up my alley. So we will see how much I can get done in 6 weeks!

Bonus photo of my new batting roll.


2 comments:

  1. SWOOOOOON!! EEE! that's so exciting! I love both of your fabric pulls. The pink may not be something I would want on my bed, but it is fun!

    And dude. That is an EPIC batting roll. I so wanted to buy one... but I had to be responsible and make a student loan payment instead. LAME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics you've picked for your Swoon's! That's one of my favorite patterns! Can't wait to see how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete