First, I found Maureen Cracknell's Herringbone Quilt on the internet, and was dying to make it. I've never done a "quilt as you go" project before, but I had been collecting bits of batting from other quilts I've finished and figured now was as good a time as any to try something new!
I realized halfway through that none of my strips are really the same size. They're supposed to be 64 inches long, and they're mostly longer than that. Which is great, I can trim a quilt. But still, I felt silly once I realized that. I guess I'll just turn the extra bits into some really nice potholders.
My roommate Hanna has been collecting fat quarters that she likes for a while. She doesn't sew, so she gave me her collection to do something with. As soon as she handed me that bag, this quilt came into my mind. So I added a few pieces from my stash, and the quilt has been coming together nicely! I have two strips left, then I can start putting it together.
Second, I have decided to start piecing a back for the Salty Triangles quilt top I finished in August. I have a bunch of random bits of fabric that I'm slapping together for the back- actual Salt Water prints, a little triangle block I threw together this summer, some extra white fabric from my Sister's Ten quilt, and some nice cream fabric that I found out was actually two king sized pillowcases. So, there you go.
It's not done yet.
But I am so digging this clothesline on my loft. It's a great place to keep my projects (much better than the floor, or on my bed), and it makes a nice fort to hide behind.
Happy Monday, folks!