Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Delicious Sales at the Grocery

The deadline for my autism school project is December 12th. So instead of being responsible and tackling the amount of work I have bit by bit, I've been slightly lazy. And by slightly I mean I feel like garbage about how much I still have to do.

Architecture school is different from normal college. We don't really write papers and we don't have many quizzes (I mean, we do in our "learn how buildings stand up" classes, but that's not my point). We have pin ups. We work on a project for weeks, and at the end, pin up all of our work on the wall and present it to teachers, students, and anyone who happens to wander by. 

It's a lot of work, and people legitimately think I'm crazy. I was telling Flash's roommate, Tuck, about working in studio and how I just don't feel like I'm putting in that much effort, and he gave me crazy eyes and pointed out that I'm in studio at least 3 hours a day. In his eyes, it's a ton of effort. And it's not like I'm slacking in class or anything! I just haven't been going in after hours to really get stuff done. 

But that is changing this week. I'm going back over to studio after I finish dinner and I'm going to stay until midnight or so. Then I'm hopefully going to do the same thing tomorrow, and Thursday, and maybe even Friday. I have lots of technical drawings and a model to make, so it's time to buckle down and produce.

BUT SPEAKING OF DINNER. Kroger had an awesome sale on chicken this week and I got 4 thighs for $1.99, and 6 legs for $1.89. I looked in the fridge to see what I could marinade the thighs in, and found a boat load of soy sauce. So I used my google powers and found something to cook:



GARLIC AND SOY CHICKEN THIGHS AND MAGIC DELICIOUSNESS.

This is the most delicious yummy chicken I've made in a while. And it was suuuuper easy. I just made the marinade last night, popped the chicken in a ziplock bag with the marinade into the fridge, and put it in the oven when I got home from class. Serve over rice and be happy forever.


Right out of the oven! Also sorry for the blurry photo. My camera isn't that great at close up shots. It's waterproof and perfect for climbing and adventuring, but not for nice shots of food and fabric.


Classy college dinner- bare apartment and soda from the 2 liter bottle.

RECIPE TIME YAY.
Ingredients
  • 6 – 8 chicken thighs (bone in or boneless skinless)
  • 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • crushed red pepper (1 tsp. or more, to taste)
Instructions
1. Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, onion, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper
2. Place the chicken thighs and your marinade into a large ziplock baggie and marinate for 2 hours to overnight.
3. Turn the bag halfway through so that all the thighs get equal drenching time.
4. Place the thighs skin side up in a baking dish that leaves just a bit of room, but not too much, between each chicken thigh. Pour the marinade over the thighs.
5. Bake at 350°F for 30 – 40 minutes.
6. Serve over rice and nom profusely.




No comments:

Post a Comment