Sunday, December 2, 2012

Anniversary

It's been a week since my anniversary with Flash. It was quite possibly one of the most fun, awesome days we've spent together, honestly. 

Our real anniversary was on Monday, but since we both had class, we celebrated on Sunday. The day was full of little gifts, shenanigans, and then an AWESOME sushi dinner.


I made him some bacon roses, since he's gotten me flowers so many times this year.


He REALLY liked them, along with the Slusho shirt I got him.

We had to take a quick break in anniversary awesomeness so I could do some homework, and I was struggling a ton with my problems. So he suggested we go to the park for a bit of fresh air. We wandered back into a pine tree grove where he told me we were going to blow off some steam by breaking sticks against the trees. It's the little things like that that make me fall for him all over again. 


Flash with his giant stick.

We made each other photo books (on accident, haha), documenting the crazy wonderful year that we've spent together. I really feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have this man in my life. My last relationship wasn't stellar, and Flash has really helped me become a better person. Through him and the friendship we have (and had before we started dating), I've grown in wonderful ways. And I'm so excited for what the next year has to offer us :)


My man at dinner, and our pieces of anniversary octopus sashimi

This weekend, he played in his last Quidditch match as a student here at Tech. We played JMU at JMU (and won!), and he had a magnificent overtime snitch catch. It was bittersweet, and he didn't make a big deal out of it at all. In fact, the fact that this was his last match didn't occur to me until he mentioned it as we drove back home. It made me feel pretty bad actually, I had been in a hurry to get back to Tech. I'll have to make it up to him sometime soon. But Quidditch brought us together, and it's very fitting that we got to play together as this chapter ends for him :)

(He's hoping to get an internship with the university, so he'll still get to play next semester!)

3 comments:

  1. Bacon... roses? What is this magic? O.O Looks like a fantastic anniversary :)

    (Yes. I just creeped your whole blog. Hope you don't mind!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm TOTALLY ok with you creeping on my blog. That's why I write it, haha

      You're the first person to comment on it, I'm actually really really excited.

      Delete
  2. I totally know that feeling. I did a happy dance all over my room when someone left me a comment! Quilters are nice folks.

    ReplyDelete