This month, the square is the Grandmother's Frame. I got a chance to sit down and sew today while the Old Man and company were across the street at a party, and I managed to complete the blocks. I did all the cutting yesterday, which sped things along.
I'm incredibly pleased with how they turned out. I was afraid that the one on the left, with the fish, would look too white (since the fish are on a white background), but I don't think it's going to be too much of an issue. I like the contrast between them too- one bright and dark, one light and muted.
Block number 1
Every month, a new block will be released. You make two of each block, and you make blocks up until November. So by then, you have 20 blocks and you're ready to sew them all together! I elected to make the 12" square quilt, instead of the 9". I've never made half square triangles or anything before, so I wanted to make sure I was making something big enough that I wouldn't mess up too terribly.
Block number 2
I had trouble lining up the corners of the solid colored triangles, but oh well. You win some, you lose some. And it's not terribly noticeable, so I'm just not going to worry about it.
But anyway! That's my accomplishment! Tomorrow, Boo goes back to Mary Washington and I have to pack to go back to Virginia Tech on Monday. Then Flash and I are headed to the beach for a little bit of relaxation before school starts back up, then I'm hitting the ground running. I've got two architecture competitions and a FINAL final presentation for the Autism School when I get back. Hopefully I'll find time in there to keep working on my sewing!